AREA : 513,120 km²
CAPITAL : Bangkok
POPULATION : 6.9 crores (2017)
LANGUAGE : Thai
CURRENCY : Thai baht (฿)
TIME DIFFERENCE : Thailand is 1 hour and 30 minutes ahead of Indian Standard Time
ISD CODE : +66
VISA INFO : It can be obtained from India, or it can also be done upon arrival at Bangkok Airport. Passports must be valid for at least 6 months from the date of return.
BORDER : Thailand shares boundaries with Cambodia, Laos, Malaysia, and Myanmar.
Thai cooking places emphasis on lightly prepared dishes with strong aromatic components and a spicy edge. Thai chef McDang characterises Thai food as demonstrating “intricacy; attention to detail; texture; color; taste; and the use of ingredients with medicinal benefits, as well as good flavor”, as well as care being given to the food’s appearance, smell and context.
1. Yi Peng (Lantern Festival)
3. Phi Ta Khon (Ghost Festival)
4. Boon Bang Fai (The Rocket Festival)
5. Surin Elephant Festival
6. Wing Kwai (Water Buffalo Racing Festival)
7. Phuket Vegetarian Festival
8. Lopburi Monkey Banquet (Food Festival)
9. Mekong Naga Fireballs
10. Chinese New Year
11. Mother’s Day and Father’s Day
12. Candle Festival